Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

  My day began with attending church with my wife and daughter.  Wonderful way to begin and with my two favorite people in the whole world.  Later drove into Jax to see my much older brother, two brother-in-laws and, most importantly, my father.  A perfect day!
  I tell people my siblings and I are the most blessed people on earth.  Eleven short days and our mother will turn 91.  Thirty-one days later and our father will be 92.  Their health fluctuates, as you would expect, but by and large they are in excellent shape and still live on their own.  Spending time with them is an added bonus to any trip to Jax and hearing their input on the various topics of the day often manages to surprise me.  Politics, war, religion the topic is unimportant.  But, when filtered through their years of life and the exposures the Greatest Generation have had it is usually pretty well founded.
  I only wish everyone could have their parents so long and in such good shape.  Each day is an added blessing that so few of my peers have.  God bless them one and all, our parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment